Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Working More Efficiently with Clipboard History 2

@joe_edtech/
@LisaBerghoff


I know that you usually turn to this blog for deeply profound ideas that bring innovation and revolution to your classroom. Well, not today. Today's blog post is all about solving a common technical problem that adds many frustrating seconds of mind-numbing work to some of my tasks. 

It's the WORST. I select the text of a long message I'm going to send to someone, right click and copy. Then I copy the email address of the person I'm sending the message to. The problem, and it is real, is all the text I just copied is gone! Then I have to reopen the document, reselect the text, right-click, and recopy. That's at least 4 clicks!

If you go to the Chrome Webstore and download Clipboard History, this first world problem will no longer be yours. Now every time I copy something to my clipboard in Chrome, it is saved and easy to retrieve. Now there is a clipboard icon in the list of extensions on my browser that stores all of the text I've copied recently. 

Honestly, I will frequently compose email messages, or direction sheets, with information from several different webpages or product reviews. I no longer have to worry about having all of those pages open while I compose the message. Once I copy the text, it is saved and ready for me at any time.

Click on the Clipboard icon, select the text you want to copy, and paste into your document. You can mark items as favorites and use them frequently (regular opening to an email or response to a question) or save certain clips to the cloud for long term use. 

OK, this might not be revolutionary. But it is a pretty cool little extension. And I use it a lot.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you have a time saver Chrome Extension? Tell us about it in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment