Monday, September 14, 2026

Create Incredible Interactive 

Activities With Canva. 

No Experience Required! 


@Lisa Berghoff

Canva continues to reinvent itself.  It does this to stay relevant and also to help solve problems and be helpful to classroom teachers. Now, when you log into Canva, you will see a new button that says "education". As you already know, we have a district education license for Canva and that gives us access to every possible bell and whistle that Canva has. This is wonderful but can also be a problem. It's easy to get overwhelmed and lost in what Canva can do. I find it helpful to think of a problem I would like to tackle and then see how the tools match up. For example, I want my students to be interacting with each other more. I don't need to be the center of attention in the classroom and in fact I would prefer it if the students did more of the heavy lifting. As a solution, I am thinking interactive whiteboards could be the perfect solution for small group work and student interaction.

Take a look at this quick and simple way Canva, with the help of AI,  can create interactive whiteboards for you and your students. 

How To Create Interactive Whiteboards (and more) in Canva:
1. Go to Canva and log in using your school account.
2. On the home page click where it says "education"
3. Either browse by subject or look at the section that says "create with ai" and choose one of the options.
4. Type in your subject, grade level, topic or standard and click "create activity with ai"
5. Take a look at the materials that were created and adjust to meet the needs of your class.
6. When ready, click "assign" and choose "assign via link". You can decide if a code is needed or not. Type in the instructions to students and click continue.
7. Add the link to the assignment in Schoology




Here is the whiteboard it created for me:




And here is how you get the link to share in Schoology:



I would use this with groups in my class so that one device is open for 3 students. They would need to discuss and work together to complete. Then, we can open it up for a larger class conversation. Using a tool like a Canva digital whiteboard gives more of the cognitive load to the students and transfers the thinking over to them.

Want some help?
Let me know!













No comments:

Post a Comment