Monday, December 11, 2023

I Can't Draw!

Padlet's AI Image Generator



@LisaBerghoff

As we near the end of the semester, the theme continues to be artificial intelligence and it's use in the classroom. There are many AI tools out there that are new and exciting. Some of these tools seem almost unbelievable. You may not guess it but when it comes to new technology I am actually a bit of a skeptic. I am leery of the newest, flashiest things out there and while I am an early adopter I am not often first in line. I like to let others give it a test run and see what happens. One thing that I am quick to jump on, however, is AI tools that are built into tools we already know and love. Is this the right way to go about it? I have no idea, it's just how I tend to be.

Today's post not only  a reminder that we have a building license for a wonderful curation tool called Padlet, it's an opportunity for you to see the new AI feature that is built into Padlet. This is an incredible digital tool for both formative assessment as well as review for the upcoming summative assessments. You can see all of the previous posts on Padlet here.

What Is "I Can't Draw?"

Padlet has a new AI powered text to image generator called "I Can't Draw". You can use this AI image generator even if you don't intend to use it in a Padlet. 
Some possible uses could be:
  • Creating visuals for a writing prompt
  • Creating visuals to go with your classroom content
  • Creating visuals to go along with or illustrate student work
  • Creating visuals to support literacy and comprehension skills

How Do I Use It?

1. Create a new padlet or open up an existing padlet.
2. Click the plus button to add content
3. Click the three dots button for "more attachment types"
4. Click on "I Can't Draw"
5. Type in your prompt
6. The AI tool will generate six images. Add any images to your Padlet and then you can download them or copy/paste as you would any other image by right-clicking on it and saving. 







Some Things To Think About:

  • Just like with any AI tool, your outputs will only be as good as your inputs. Really think about what it is you are looking for and specific in your prompts.
  • Don't forget that with images in AI you can ask for a particular style.
  • Always be mindful of bias
  • Visuals matter!!! Are you working with students who are learning English or struggling with reading? Consider adding images to help increase their comprehension. Humans are visual people and our brains love pictures. 
Have you tried the new AI image generator in Padlet? Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment